Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rise and Shine


When I woke up this morning, my mind immediately went back to the stress that I laid down with last night and I was tempted to just lay there and sulk for a minute. But something came over me very quickly. I said to myself, "Self, get your ass out of this bed and have a good day!"

I'm sure we have heard so many times that it's counter-productive to start your day with a negative outlook. But having heard that isn't quite enough. It takes a change of mind. A change of heart. A determination that I'm going to look this day in the eye and command it to be exciting, fulfilling, and productive!

So I hit the floor with an expectation of a great day. Sure, everything is not where it ought to be in my life. My self-proclaimed issues and problems are still there but they don't have to ruin my day or wear me out emotionally, physically, or mentally! I've taken control of my day.

As you approach your mornings, spend time in meditation or prayer. Center yourself. Try not to sleep til the last possible minute. Look at it as an opportunity to effect change in something or someone and enjoy EVERY day. Rise and Shine!

4 comments:

Soul Yaoi said...

Nice!

John the Scribe said...

Amen, brother!

Unknown said...

a positive tude is what we need more than anything...

deonte' k said...

Yes sir! ;)