Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm addicted to CARMEX


It's really a damn shame. And a little embarassing. LOL

OK, so I am dressed and ready to dash out the door to work this morning. It's Friday and I can wear jeans so I wake up at the last minute, shower and do what I do. On the way to the door I check my pockets for the essentials. These include my wallet, my keys, my security badge for work and my CARMEX!! The latter of which is no where to be found. PANIC. I'm tearing up stuff. Checkin my slacks from yesterday. Checked the bathroom. Checked under the bed. Checked behind the dresser. Checked alllll over the car. Can you believe, I was almost in tears trying to find this stupid little stick of frickin CARMEX?? LOL Plus I was soon running late for work, pulling my dreads out over something that cost me like a $1.19. Told you I have OCD tendencies. Issues and problems. I finally found it in the chest pocket of my coat once I decided I could possibly make it thru the day without it and still not need therapy. LOL

SIDENOTE: What happened to the mint flavored Carmex? They used to sell em at Walgreen's and now they have disappeared. I went online and found ONE, count em, 1, single, solo stick of mint flavored Carmex for $16 and change. The devil is a liar!!!
I know you have your own outrageous addictions. Feel free to share.... I have no room to judge. LOL

6 comments:

deonte' k said...

LMAO!!! Poor boy... it's funny u should write this because I feel the same way about my chap stick lol. I go crazy in the am if I can't find it lol. I did a blog similar to this years ago on yahoo lol. ;)

John the Scribe said...

I'm with you, Deonte'K. If I can't find my cherry-flavored ChapStick, it's on. I too have nearly amassed a search party to find my lip balm. I've never caught on to Carmex, though. As for you, Antonym, I'm glad you resisted the temptation. Good for you, man.

deonte' k said...

Losojosnuevos: LOL I feel you man. ;)

The Antonym said...

It feels so good to know I'm not alone. We're all borderline insane over keepin the lips moist. LOL

John the Scribe said...

Borderline?

Anonymous said...

OMG i am the same way. i panic if i lose my carmex. it's to the point that i buy 2 and 3 at a time to make sure that i don't run out at an inconvenient time or as a backup in case i lose one. sometimes i trick my mom into buying me more. i'll tell her that i'm almost out, which is true. . . . . for one of my Carmex's. i know i put it on atleast 15 times a day. probably more. but what can i say, I LOVE MY CARMEX and i hate dry lips -____-